Porterhouse with Pesto
Beef cut: Porterhouse or T-Bone
Total preparation & cooking time: 30 minutes
For the meat
2 well-marbled beef Porterhouse or T-Bone steaks, cut 1 1/2 inches thick (about 2 pounds)
2 small red, yellow or green peppers, cut into quarters
For the Parsley Pesto
1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
4 large cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place pesto ingredients in small bowl of food processor or blender container. Cover; process until parsley is finely chopped, stopping and scraping side of bowl as needed.
- Spread pesto generously on both side of beef steaks and bell peppers.
- Place steaks and bell peppers on grid over medium, ash covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and until peppers are tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove bones; carve steaks into slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve beef with bell peppers.